Full suite legal service provider for businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals.
Scott is an attorney, husband, father, gardener and artist. His corporate legal career began working 70hr/weeks at Baker & McKenzie where international energy, corporate finance, and business transactions consumed all his time. Motivated to make a greater contribution to the environment, Scott moved to the Environmental Integrity Project to focus on environmental enforcement of the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts. After being asked to provide energy and environmental legal consulting work for Sandia National Laboratories, Scott left the world of large law firms to work on his own practice focused on bringing clarity to complex problems and providing individuals and businesses with the skills needed to properly form their start-up, structure their ownership terms, negotiate and draft the contracts for hiring employees, purchasing a new company or selling an established corporation.
Our firm has assisted clients with matters throughout the United States. While our client information must be kept confidential, some of the industries we’ve represented include construction, real estate, agriculture, electronics, music, entertainment, cannabis, automotive, logistics, transportation, hospitality, real estate, services, technology, and alternative energy. Below, are a few case summaries.
Case Summary Examples
Negotiate Material and Service Agreement with a $150 billion company
Extremely favorable terms were negotiated for client including no rent for 3 years, guaranteed profits for the term and continued creative control
Real Estate Management Contract Portfolio
All procedures for advertising, screening tenants and processing applications were drafted along with the property management agreements, checklists and leases
Significant Savings in Employment Agreement Dispute
Client’s contractual obligations reduced from immediately reimbursing employer $117k to settlement of $65k over 3 years.
LLC Member Defense
Client retained ownership of all interests and opposing counsel was fired.
Owner Dispute Leads to Righteous Reorganization
Company board awarded me with a plaque “For your efforts in rescuing our company from tyranny and guiding us along the path to an Employee-Owned Company: from all our employee-owners we appreciate your ceaseless hard work and dedication!”
$1 billion private placement memorandum
Met target total commitment of $1 billion
- Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies Health Policy Institute HOW THE JUVENILE JUSTICE SYSTEM REDUCES LIFE OPTIONS OF MINORITY YOUTH, 2005
- 2015 National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing Conference, Five Things to Know for Successful Resident Council Elections
- 2014 National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing Conference, Resident Council Elections in Public Housing
- 2013 National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing Conference, Resident Councils, Advisory Boards and Commissioner Elections
- 2012 National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing Conference, Independent Third Party Monitors for Resident Council Elections: Core Services and Results
- Washington State Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, Member, 2019 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member, 2019 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member, 2011 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- National Alliance of Resident Services in Affordable and Assisted Housing (NAR-SAAH), Member, 2012 – 2017
- American Center for Life Cycle Assessment, Member, 2011 – 2017
- District of Columbia Bar, Member, 2008 – 2009
- Green Diversity Group, Member, 2008 – 2011
- American Bar Association, Section on Environment, Energy and Resources, Member, 2006 – 2010
- Maryland State Bar, Member, 2005 – 2008
My mission is to assist clients gain clarity and understand the structure of their businesses, close transactions successfully, and develop legal strategies that save money and provide confidence for the future. Pursuing this mission will help clients steer clear of litigation, stay out of jail, and avoid unnecessary disputes.