Entertainment Law Attorney in Washington
Seattle lawyer handles media transactions and disputes
Scott M. Haapala PLLC represents music labels, publishers, producers, distributors and artists in a wide range of entertainment law. I have extensive experience and am passionately protective of my clients’ rights.
Hands-on legal service to get your deal done right
Drawing on my experience as an attorney, artist, and promoter, I am known for developing creative legal solutions customized to my clients’ needs. My transactional expertise has made me, highly sought-after as legal counsel in the following areas:
- Entertainment-related contracts,
- Trademark registrations
- Trademark-related contracts
- Trademark assignments
- Right-of-publicity matters
I offer cost-effective legal services tailored specifically for the entertainment industry, particularly for the needs of established or up-and-coming musicians and entertainers. I rely on my knowledge of agency and recording contracts, copyrights, trademarks and merchandising. I provide the legal services you need so you can focus on your creative talents and your business. For more information, contact me today.
My entertainment law services
I represent musicians, songwriters, producers, labels, publishers, and other industry players in the following:
- Agency contracts – including negotiating, reviewing or drafting an agency contract, as well as resolving any disputes arising from an agency contract
- Recording contracts – including negotiating a record deal, reviewing or drafting a recording contract, as well as resolving any disputes arising from a recording contract
- Management contracts – including representing your interests in any management contract negotiations or disputes
- Performance contracts – including negotiating a performance appearance, reviewing or drafting a performance contract, as well as resolving any disputes arising from a performance contract
- Employment law disputes – including copyright infringement, trademark infringement, contract disputes, or defending you against any allegations of non-performance or other issues
- Merchandising – including negotiating reviewing, or drafting any merchandising agreement, as well as resolving any disputes arising from a merchandising agreement or lack of a merchandising agreement
- Copyright and trademark – including assisting you with copyrighting or filing documents to provide you with copyright or trademark protection
- Royalties and residuals – including contract negotiations and pursuing claims involving the payment or non-payment of royalties and residuals
Contact an experienced entertainment law firm today
Call Scott M. Haapala PLLC at 206-240-0442 or contact me online for a consultation. I represent clients nationally and internationally.